Replace Your Air Filter
Replacing your dirty, clogged filter is an easy way to preserve your heating and cooling equipment. Letting it sit is an easy way to create mechanical problems.
It breaks our heart to say so, but many repairs we perform in Denver households are preventable. That’s why our team at home recommends changing your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter at least once every 60 to 90 days.
In addition to protecting yourself from costly repairs, you’ll cut energy costs by up to 15 percent when you replace your dirty filter, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE). We know you have a lot on your plate, which is why we recommend setting a reminder on your phone or calendar.
Here are three things you’ll avoid by changing your HVAC filter:
1. No coughs, sniffles, or wheezing. An air filter is an integral part of your indoor air quality. That’s because it catches airborne irritants like dust, dander, and pollen. However, a dirty filter loses its ability to filter your air. This can trigger symptoms for people living with allergies or asthma.
2. No added stress on your system. A clogged filter stifles airflow. This makes your equipment work longer and harder to meet your temperature needs. With a clogged filter, you risk increasing your energy costs, shortening the lifespan of your HVAC equipment, and the possibility of a costly repair.
3. No more wasting energy. Heating and cooling add up to 55 percent of your monthly energy consumption. Why use even more energy? Imagine the carbon savings if every household in Colorado regularly changed their air filter.
Here are four benefits you’ll enjoy when you’re diligent about changing your air filter:
1. Your indoor air quality will be optimal.
Circulating air with a fresh filter ensures pure airflow throughout your home. Since we spend about 90 percent of our lives indoors, simple steps like changing an air filter make all the difference for our health.
2. Your HVAC system will last longer.
Each time you change your air filter, it’s a little gift to your HVAC equipment. With the right circulation, your air conditioner or heat pump will have an easier time reaching your temperature needs. Doing so helps your system reach its expected lifecycle.
3. You’ll cut costs.
By maximizing your efficiency, you’ll reduce your monthly energy consumption and lower your utility costs. You’ll also have more protection from costly repairs that occur when the system is overworked or compromised by dust and debris.
4. You will reduce your carbon footprint.
Improved efficiency means a drop in carbon emissions. As a result, you’re helping to protect our state’s natural resources for generations to come.
Schedule HVAC Maintenance Today
Does your Denver, CO HVAC system need a little TLC? Call Cool Sunshine Heating and Air Conditioning today at (303) 287-1846 or request service easily online. We love creating healthy homes and happy families!